Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gonna party like it's my birthday!

Drink Bicardi like it's my birthday!  Okay, probably not Bicardi, but maybe some Patron shots after dinner?  I was gonna put the 50 cent song on here, but it has some naughty words in it -- so I went with the Beatles instead, cause they are old like me.


So as a birthday gift to myself, I got up at 6am and went swimming.  Get up at 6am and go swimming on one's birthday?!? That doesn't sound like a very nice birthday present.  Sleeping in, not going swimming, and having bacon, eggs, english muffins, and mimosas sounds like a better gift to give oneself for one's birthday, particularly one's 50th birthday!


Perhaps.  But it was a gift to myself because it was an effort to take care of my 50 year old self by doing something healthy.  Plus, there were no thunderstorms last night to keep me, Kayla, and Bob awake (mostly kept awake from Kayla's nervousing, not the actual storm) so I got a good night's sleep, woke up at 6am, and decided to go for it.


I got greeted at the front desk with a "Happy Birthday" from one of the young women who works at the counter.  And then when I got in the car to come home there was a song on my cell phone from Mom.  Arrived home to beautiful flowers and a bottle of Mumm's from Mom on the buffet, plus some cards and wrapped gifts (will open them later). Got some coffee (no bacon, no mimosas) and went to my office to get online and found bunches of birthday greetings on Facebook, which is very cool.


So for the rest of today I will take it easy -- maybe do some cleaning up to get ready for Betsy's arrival but not much else.  Then tonight we'll go to dinner at Lancaster's for my official birthday dinner.  And then perhaps some Patron shots, though not on the deck since it's too blazing hot for that.  But definitely in the living room with the AC blaring.


Happy birthday to me!

1 comment: