Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm the new Bachelorette!

As Ali chooses (or not) her one true love tonight, (I'm rooting for Chris but I suspect she may pick neither of them -- yes, I watched the show this season -- it's summer and nothing else is on so sue me!) I have become the newest Bachelorette.  Only it my case, it won't be televised, and it will only last a week.

Bob is in Maryland for his second dog training internship.  He left early Sunday morning and made it there safe and sound before it got dark and the deer came out in West Virginia (
West Virginia leads the nation in deer-related vehicle collisions -- I almost hit one last fall while driving through the state after midnight).  I was hoping to go with him again but we have a wedding this coming weekend and one of us has to be at the rehearsal on Saturday.  The plan is for Bob to be home in time to help officiate the wedding with me Sunday afternoon (his class ends Saturday afternoon, he'll drive part way home Saturday night and then home hopefully early Sunday afternoon).


So while he's learning how to teach dog training classes, I'm bach'ing it with Kayla for the week.  Or at least until Friday when Mom arrives to celebrate my birthday the following week.  She'll be here Friday, Bob will be home Sunday, and then my sister arrives on the following Thursday.  So I'll go from an empty house to a house-full very quickly.


Today is my day off so it'll be pretty quiet around here.  I already swam, and am leaving as soon as I post this to grocery shop.  Then I'll probably spend the rest of the day wandering around the house talking to myself while carrying around a picture of Bob, counting the hours until he gets back. Okay, probably not -- I'll most likely do some laundry, clean the kitchen, and watch some girlie movies.  And drink wine.  And then, I'll see if Ali picks Chris on the Bachelorette!

No comments:

Post a Comment