Thursday, September 9, 2010

No, George has not called yet

But I am sure he will soon, after Dick Durbin tells him about the letter. It IS Michael Buble's birthday (he turns 35 today), and he has not called my sister yet either.


Men.


Off soon to meet with D-Dub over coffee to talk about a local educational panel we are hosting in October called "Children of Abraham" featuring a Christian, a Muslim, and Jew (walk into a bar?)  with the Unitarian Church.  I want D-Dub to be on the panel -- he wants me to be on the panel. We shall arm wrestle over it.  Or maybe Rock, Paper, Scissors? Seriously, if we want people to come, he needs to be on the panel.  He's D-Dub after all, and he's well known, and will bring people in.  I'm not that famous.  Yet.  Just give me time.


Oh, and so I went to swim this morning.  I was sooooooooo tired I almost didn't go. (I slept like crap last night, made the mistake of reading the online comments to the letter to the editor just before bed -- not a good idea.)  On the drive tot he gym I almost turned around halfway there and came home, just soooooooo tired.  Got there, got out of the car, and then almost cried when I realized they were going to be closed tomorrow and Saturday to put in new carpet -- they would have been tears of joy had I actually cried.  I swam, came home, and thought about going back to bed. 

Alas, D-Dub awaits.  Wish me luck.  

3 comments:

  1. Does he know he's been re-christened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's just his code name for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing tho -- when Mom read this, she emailed me and asked if D-Dub was Dick Durbin. I said no, that would be D-Durb.

    ReplyDelete