I leave for the doctor in half an hour to get poked and prodded. I think turning 50 will involve more poking and prodding than usual, and eventual scoping, tho not today. Today will be about blood pressure and feeling my boobs, and scheduling a mammo so they can squish my boobs in November after our vacation. Tomorrow morning they will suck my hungry blood (fasting blood test) to tell me my cholesterol is too high. My back is feeling better but I will also ask her to poke it and maybe give me a PT scrip.
I wonder if my back feels better because the Interfaith Panel is over -- and was a huge success! We hoped to get maybe 50-75 people. We had over 150, and there was a Pantagraph article about it, which was cool, except that they made David H. a Unitarian. I'll miss David. He was a great addition to NCC.
And the panel was a great gift to our community. Great energy in the room, lots of good attention to the panelists, and terrific questions from the audience. Couldn't have gone better, thank goodness we stuck with it and it all turned out fine. As you know, dear readers, I began to have my doubts when egos roared but then I stepped back, took a breath, and shushed my own ego. Voila! A successful interfaith panel! Perhaps a lesson there somewhere.
I will remember attending this Panel as one of the highlights of my Normal Autumn sojourn this year. It was an exhilarating and positive event, evidenced by the prolonged applause at the end. Thanks for all the work you did to make it happen.
ReplyDeleteYour "baby" was a wonderful success! And I'm glad your back is getting better, too!
ReplyDeleteI noticed you transcending ego as things unfolded. NICE!
ReplyDeleteIt was good!
ReplyDeleteSusan, I think the lesson is: Let go and let GOD.
ReplyDelete