Besides the fact that I am very busy with Robin Meyers, regular church stuff, and getting ready for vacation, I also have not blogged so as to wean you off of my somewhat regular blogging since I'll be camping for two weeks in Zion, Utah and unable to blog, and I know that will be hard on the two or three of you who read this blog. So ... you're welcome.
Meyers things are coming together (good thing since he'll be here in two days). The planning committee insists on doing just about every task "by committee" and the latest glitch is the bulletin I'm working on for the service on Sunday. I don't mind input but editing and creating a church bulletin with 9 people is ridiculous. The latest issue is the communion words I chose, which one person feels are too traditional and Catholic, even tho there is no mention of bodies, blood, atonement, the cross, or salvation, AND besides the fact that they came from a new "progressive liturgy" project being done by TCPC. Maybe I should just put, "Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, YAY GOD!"
Oy.
Since we have no secretary, I have three bulletins to run off by Thursday -- two for the weeks we will be gone, and one for this Sunday. Plus a bunch of stuff for the Meyers workshop. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Got the newsletter done so that's out of the way. But still have to do laundry and pack on Saturday, and various other projects.
So let's just say on Sunday around 12:30pm, as we head west, I will be one very happy camper. Camper! Get it? Heh.
What? No Dog Is My Co-pilot for two whole weeks? ACK!
ReplyDeleteCamper! That's good. I will plan to use another kitten picture sometime before you go to cheer you on. (Or you could come in and see her, esp. if we have Loving Frank. Will look today!)
ReplyDeleteWill miss you but think you two DESERVE a good vacation. What an area to visit. We've been there and it's BEAUTIFUL.
ReplyDeleteHave a good trip and we'll be looking forward to your blog when you return.