I haven't blogged since Friday because I've been avoiding sitting in a chair to help my back heal. And blogging on my laptop became tedious as I hate that keyboard. Plus I figured you all were sick of hearing about my back, maybe even as sick as I am of the whole affair. But I shall make the sacrifice and sit here at my desk and blog for a moment because I'm sure all three of my readers have missed me.
My back is starting to mend, I hope, finally. Had a bad day yesterday (dummy me went grocery shopping) but told myself last night I would be better today, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. The odd thing is that the pain has moved. After the last Tuesday spasms all along my lower back, the pain radiated to my lower left side and stayed a while. Then it moved to my lower right side, where it afflicted me most of the weekend. And now it's moved up to my left side just where my bra strap rides (when I can get a bra on, that is). Still a bit stiff in the lower right but not as bad. So my thought is that it is moving up and outta there for good! If not by Wednesday then Bob thinks I should go to the doctor to get an appointment with a PT. Or maybe Kim can come show me some new exercises when she gets back from her lovely R and R.
Anyway, it's a lovely day, I plan to get some work done but also to continue taking it easy. I have office work I can do on my laptop for NCC, and no meetings to attend until Thursday. So, fingers crossed that I am on the mend!
You are definitely "on the mend" - and you are certainly an exemplary trooper (or is it trouper?).
ReplyDeleteI missed you, and I have been worried about you. Mom said she saw you in the grocery store, and filled me in that it had gotten worse before, as P-Dub seems to think, it is getting better...? I'm sure Kim or, yes, the doctor, can help you understand how/why the pain is moving, and I do hope it moves on out and far, far away.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are mending. It's not fun. I tried to reply to your comment on Kim's blog yesterday but it wouldn't let me and I did NOT use bad words. ANYWAY...I just wanted to tell you that I thing George Clooney has a bad back too and Kim might be able to help him if she showed him how to roll around on the floor and fix it like she did you AND me. :)
ReplyDeleteOn a serious note, a couple of years ago I had a back spasam while driving from Macomb to Normal. I ended up in therpay and they were getting no where. I would have to get up at night and walk and laying down was just pure torture.
FINALLY one of the therapists had me take DEEP breaths and that was the only thing that helped me. It might be worth a try.
Back pain is NO fun, I know.